Painting from an Alchemical manuscript (c. late 1600s).
Putrefactio is one aspect of the blackening, or dark state, (Nigredo) in the alchemical process. It is the first step to the Philosopher's Stone.
Putrefaction involves the decomposition of organic bodies, which ferment, and then, if the process has been carried out correctly, come alive again in spirit.
Printed by us, our prints are produced using highest quality inks and heavyweight (310gsm) lightly textured, archival quality, 100% cotton rag fine art paper.
- Dimensions listed are actual image size
- All prints come with an extra border of approx. 2 - 5 cm.
- We can trim prints to image size / borderless on request.
- All prints are sold unframed.
- Custom print sizes are also available on request.